We appreciate all your patience and support through these unprecedented times. Nationwide, we are SO CLOSE to returning to Festival life. We are extremely optimistic though, so we are taking this opportunity to announce plans for an eleven-day 49th Kerrville Folk Festival, October 1 – 11, 2021! Save the dates! We look forward to welcoming you back to the ranch this fall.
In the meantime, the Kerrville Folk Festival Foundation is continuing its commitment to “safety first” and will not hold our usual Memorial Day event. However, we can’t let our traditional Festival dates pass by in May – June 2021 without an opportunity to gather and celebrate. We want to bring our community together as best we can, so we are putting together some special plans for virtual concerts, “home movies,” and virtual gatherings. Here are some highlights:
- Kerrville’s Grassy Hill New Folk Competition will be aired virtually on May 22 and 23 at 7:00 p.m. The 2021 New Folk Winners will be announced during our virtual celebration on May 29th.
- We will be providing hours of streaming Kerr-experiences on Saturday, May 29th and we will re-broadcast these shows on Saturday, June 5:
- We are inviting many Kerrville All-Stars to provide us with pre-recorded shows, and some will even travel to the ranch to perform on our Threadgill stage; these performances will be live streamed so you will see these shows in real time.
- We will feature some artists interviews in which they will talk about their careers and favorite times at Kerrville.
- We are collecting video footage taken during past Festivals so we can watch “home movies” together. (If you have some footage you think should be included, please send us a note at email@example.com and let us know a bit about your video!)
- We will again be hosting virtual campfires and we hope to try out a cool new user-friendly platform that lets you virtually “roam the ranch” and visit one another.
All viewings will be offered free-of-charge, and of course, we hope you will donate to help us through the lean months remaining until we can gather in-person in October.
One other note we want to share regarding May 29th: Part of the experience we want to create for our artists is to play on the Threadgill stage for a small studio audience. This will not be a camping event, but a 6-hour live performance at Threadgill theater. We will be offering Kerrville Folk Festival Foundation (KFFF) members who are vaccinated and whose membership level is above Basic first chance to purchase tickets to be part of this studio audience. If there are seats available after we hear from these members, we will be drawing names from the roster of basic KFFF members. Tickets will be available only to KFFF members who are current members on April 15, 2021 and who will be fully vaccinated by May 15, 2021. If you aren’t yet a Foundation member, you can still join TODAY for this opportunity! https://www.kerrvillefolkfestival.org/foundation-memberships
KFF Foundation members will receive a message with more details in the next day or two.
Further details about plans for KFF 2021 in October will be made available in May. Meanwhile, hang in there Kerrverts! Please join us on May 22nd and 23rd for New Folk, on May 29th for a most grand virtual celebration, and start making your plans to come to Kerrville in October!